Views:2752567|Rating:4.81|View Time:24:16Minutes|Likes:24391|Dislikes:947 Mike Oehler lived for over 30 years in an underground home that he built for $50 (and expanded for $500) on his land in Northern Idaho near the Canadian border. Now in his seventies his arthritis keeps him from hiking up to his home, but he continues to “write and proselytize”
In 1968 like thousands of other San Franciscans hoping to go “back to the land”, Oehler bought property and began to build a homestead. After spending a winter freezing in a small cabin, he designed a home that would use the earth as insulation. With his first attempt he fell into the easy errors of what he calls a “first thought house”: a hole cut into a hillside with south-facing windows.
Gradually he began to innovate with subterranean design, creating better ways for letting light in: among them “the Hollywood Wing”, “the Royer foyer”, gables and most-importantly the “uphill patio” (which also provides space for an earth-sheltered greenhouse). He also created an inexpensive, low-tech approach to basic design with what he calls PSP or Post/shoring/polyethlene.
Views:1132|Rating:4.86|View Time:16:32Minutes|Likes:34|Dislikes:1 Hanging a tract home in post falls.
Here’s the work flow we did on this same house a while ago.
Enjoy the show, check out some of out other videos
If you’d like to support the channel, maybe buy something on amazon after using this link. wont cost you any extra but we will get a kick back to help the channel grow thanks
Views:154|Rating:5.00|View Time:4:7Minutes|Likes:11|Dislikes:0 Gorgeous Tiny House ❤️ is a Channel sharing houses under 500 sq ft!
► Subscribe for more:
Gorgeous “Magnolia” New Tiny house For Sale in Eagle, Idaho
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Size: 276 sq. ft.
– New tiny house.
– Model “Magnolia” (country/farmhouse design).
– Builder/craftsman Brian Lauck of BL Tiny Homes.
– Custom tiny homes one at a time, and always one of a kind.
– Mission statement: “Quality over quantity”.
– 24’L x 8′ 6″W x 13′ 5″T
– 276 square feet of living space.
– NOAH Certified to meet RV, NFPA, NEC, IRC, & NHTSA
standards which means a quality home that has been inspected
at 5 stages, and a home you will be able to finance and insure.
– Heavy duty “Trailer Made” trailer specifically for tiny homes.
The entire underside is covered with galvanized sheet metal.
– Two 7,000 lb axils and E rated tires.
– Electric brakes with break-away safety cable.
– 30 year metal roof with ice & water shield under.
– Tankless water heater.
– AC/Heat Pump Mini-split.
– Propane in front storage with two 40 lb tanks.
– City water connection. 1/2″ Pex lines.
– 50 amp RV electrical connection.
– 3″ exterior drain connection with cap.
– Heavy duty stabilizing jacks on each corner.
– Framed with a continuous header to withstand heavy snow loads.
– Roxul insulation in floor (R-26) and walls (R-15). Roxul won’t burn,
is pest resistant, a great sound barrier, and mold resistant.
– Spray foam (R-21) in ceiling.
– 24″ four burner stainless steel stove/oven.
– 24″ stainless steel vent hood.
– Large deep single stainless steel sink.
– Butcher block countertops with LOTS of counter space.
– Open farmhouse style shelves around sink.
– Textured subway tile with accent strips.
– Quiet 10.1 cubic foot stainless steel refrigerator.
– Custom cabinets with soft close drawers and adjustable shelves.
– Deep full extension drawers on smooth ball bearing slides.
– Custom built-in farmhouse dining table/chairs.
– Rough textured shiplap walls and bead board ceilings.
– Wood beams and wood accents throughout.
– Pergo’s newest laminate flooring that looks and feels like wood, is
waterproof for up to 30 minutes, and has amazing scratch resistance.
– Custom built-in entertainment center/cabinet.
– Component connections run inside the wall for mounting TV.
– Wide mounted ships ladder.
– Rustic wooden sliding barn door to bathroom.
– Knick-knack cubby behind barn door.
– Custom bathroom cabinet crafted from an antique scallop
edge dresser/mirror combo.
– Full sized shower.
– Medicine cabinet with rustic barn door.
– 24″W x 30″D x 76″T laundry space/flex space.
– Bath fan. Very quiet. Auto-sensing humidity mode.
– Large single loft built with 2 distinct areas. The bed side
can hold a king with room to spare. Large closet/storage side.
– Vintage mounted metal queen headboard.
– Built-in wall safe.
► Gorgeous Tiny House:
► Gorgeous Beautiful Tiny House:
► Gorgeous Tiny House on Wheels:
► Gorgeous Park Model:
► Gorgeous Small House:
► Gorgeous Shipping Container Home:
#GorgeousTinyHouse #TinyHouse #TinyHouseOnWheels #TinyHouseTour #SmallHouse #TinyHouseDesign #SmallHouseDesign
Views:44863|Rating:4.99|View Time:9:37Minutes|Likes:1053|Dislikes:3 – We Deliver Solar Panels in Idaho with FREE Delivery. Solar Panels in Idaho are just a call away, visit our website and fill out the contact form.
If you are looking for residential solar panels Idaho, solar panel manufacturers Idaho, solar shingles Idaho, solar power Idaho, solar panel installation Idaho, solar water heater Idaho, wind power Idaho, wind generators Idaho, Idaho solar companies, Idaho solar concepts, Idaho solar control, Idaho solar incentives, Idaho solar solutions, Idaho solar projects, Idaho wind solar, Idaho state solar Energy Phoenix Warming Electric “Wind Power (Industry) or Solar Energy (Industry) then give us a call at